• Latoya J. Jessamy

Missing Your W-2?

Most taxpayers usually get their W-2s by the end of January. However, if you have not received your W-2 by mid-February, you should contact your employer or former employer for a copy. Further, if Feb 23rd has past and you still cannot obtain a copy from your employer, you should call the IRS and they will contact your employer on your behalf.

In addition, if you are concerned that the situation may not be resolved in enough time to allow you to file a tax return by the April 15th due date, you can either apply for an automatic six month extension to file, or you can use Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement. On Form 4852, you would need to estimate your wages and taxes withheld. Both options can be e-filed to speed the process.

If you receive your missing W-2, after filing Form 4852 you may need to correct your tax return if your W-2 contains information that is different from what you originally reported by amending your tax return.

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Things to know about the child tax credit!

Taxpayers may be able to claim the child tax credit if they have a qualifying child under the age of 17. Part of this credit can be refundable, so it may give taxpayers a refund even if they don’t owe

© 2016 Precise Accounting Services | All Rights Reserved